<VV> 60 Differential

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Feb 9 17:22:12 EST 2007

At 08:10 AM 2/9/2007, Smitty Smith wrote:

>     From: "Crawford Rose"
>Smitty, there is an error in your post to Zane. The 60 diff is not
>centered as it may appear because of the two short stub axles.
>   -----------------------------------------------
>   Smitty Says:  Because I have not actually held a 60 diff in my
> hands I will conceed that you are right.  I think he would still
> need two short yoke splined pieces.

...my '60 daily driver has two short yokes on it...

Smitty, you may recall an instance where this came to be a
problem.  It was that time I ended up changing out a differential at
a VA 'Vair Fair for the fellow with the '60 turquois coupe (he was a
Tidewater member wasn't he?) and we had to go dig up a long yoke from
an outside vendor... seeing as how the diff that went back into the
car was a '64 (only good one readily available at the time).

I'd forgotten that the '60 diff is different than the rest of the
'Vair diffs, spaced it completely (pun intentional).

tony..