<VV> 1960 SUPER MONZA SHOW CAR

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Feb 13 03:02:02 EST 2007

At 07:59 PM 2/12/2007, artonwheels at cox.net wrote:
>i picked up a stack of old communique's at our last local club
>meeting, and have been going thru them over the past couple of weeks
>- nice to know phoenix charlie's classified ads were alive and
>well...anyway, the april, '87 issue features an article about a
>Super Monza Prototype - a real looker w sunroof, leather-trimmed
>seats, spoke wheels, side ventilation engine intakes on the rear
>quarters, and more...per the article, car was on the cover of
>august, 1960 motor trend magazine, and was supposed to be headed for
>restoration, and then to be used for displays at future corvair
>events...does anyone know if this car was ever restored and its
>current whereabouts?  would love to see a color picture if available
>to post on my blog...wow, a REAL prototype!

It's in the CPF museum.   Restored.   Displayed.   Shows up at
National Conventions.   Many photos available from various sources (I
have my own).

I remember the car when it was still ragged and ugly before
restoration.    Sometimes I think it commanded more respect and
displayed more character as a war weary veteran showing its age...
rather than the mint condition shape it's in now.   ;)

tony..