<VV> Re: 61 Rampside Tail lights

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 13 00:23:42 EST 2007

Rex,

There was just a thread on this a week ago. I asked about sockets for my 62 sedan. Timinbovey has found an aftermarket socket at O'Riley's Auto Parts that will work. It is a socket with a spring clip type fastener that allows it to fit anything from 7/8" to 1 1/8". You can also buy a replacement socket from Clark's. It is a very close copy to the original and you have to "peen" the top edge over to get it to attach to the light housing. The spring clip socket from the FLAPS is Cal-Term 08532. The original socket is "peened" over to hold it in the housing. I took my Dremel tool with a cutter and carefully cut the peened edge off and removed the old socket from the housing. I am using the Cal-Term 08532 for cost factors and ease of installation.
HTH
BobJ
Frostbite Falls,MN
CORSA since 72