<VV> Aluminum Base - Removing anodizing?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 00:55:35 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/12/2007 8:07:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hharpo at earthlink.net writes:

I am in  the middle of a restoration and the aluminum base at the bottom of
each door  will not get bright and shiny. Has anyone had success with a process
that  makes them brighter?

I believe (not sure) the door sills were aluminum. Polished, then anodized.
To really brighten them up, you would have to remove the anodizing coating,
then  polish them up - and keep on polishing them forever. Or  clear coat them.
-  does anybody know the liquid to apply to remove the anodized coating? -
Seth