<VV> Two questions, cowel removal and engine compartment gasket (1963 Spyder convertible)

Kerry and Jan Born deaconone at teleweb.net
Tue Feb 13 07:59:01 EST 2007

Hi

I have two questions. on is a follow up to something I asked several
months ago.

1) I have to remove the "grill/cowel" asm, the piece that is between the
hood and the windshield that has the shafts for the wipers going through
it. I was able to get the wiper arms off after some blood sweat
and..well you know, but I was not able to figure out how to jocky it
around to remove the grill because there doesn't seem to be enough
clearance! So I guess my question is, can it be removed without taking
to hood off the car. (a solution that I am trying to avoid since that
will likely result in a lot of cracking around the mounting bolts as the
hood was painted while on the car.. )

2) I also need to replace the engine compartment shroud seal and would
appreciate some insight in how to go about this project? Looking at it I
think I see rivets involved?

Help?!

Kerry B.

1963 1/2 Spyder convertible...currently in storage, bummer!