<VV> Crankcase level rising

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 21:22:16 EST 2007

Thanks to those who responded (Chuck S, Rick Loving, JR, Roger Gault, Tony) to my questions about rising oil level.

  Per my advisors I checked for evidence of leakage at the carbs (none evident) and I verified that the fuel pump screws were tight. When I removed the pump there was clear evidence that it was leaking (wet underneath toward the rear and fuel in the ID of the pump stem and in the hole in the oil filter adapter).

  So I've replaced the pump and changed the oil (drained and reinstalled the filter). Assuming the level stops rising, I'll call it fixed.

  I have not yet dissected the pump (which was purchased in 2003 from a trusted vendor). I have contacted the vendor prior to starting any dissection. If I figure out the cause I'll post to the list for info.