<VV> Buick GS400 (NO Corvair)

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 22:36:54 EST 2007

Musclecars are in high demand, and th GS is pretty rare compared to a GTO or
Chevelle. If it's not falling apart from rust someone will buy it for
restoration. If it's complete, but falling apart from rust, someone will buy
it for parts (but less money). If it's a 455, it did not come with the car.
I don't think you could get a 455 until 1970. It would have come with a
401ci "nailhead" engine. I don't know what the Buick blocks are worth but
the core charge alone for a Pontiac 455 is $800. If it says "445" on the
aircleaner, it's a 401 (445 was the torque rating). I just took a look in
Hemmings, there are only 2 in there, a convertible is listed for $24,000,
the other has no price listed.

Don't crush it, they won't make any more of them. Just put the word out to
the Buick clubs, someone will come get it. I don't know how many times I've
seen people wishing they could find all of the linkages to set up a 4-speed.

Lonny