<VV> Buick GS400 (NO Corvair)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 01:42:03 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/13/2007 6:54:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,  wfcc at juno.com
writes:

A friend  of mine has a scrapyard and today someone brought in a 65 Buick
Special  GS400 with (We think) a 455 and a factory 4 speed , the car is in
pretty  sorry shape but is mostly complete , The question is is it  worth
saving  and trying to resell or should he just go ahead and  crush  it ?

Ed

Ed - The first 455 motor - a larger version of the 400 motor introduced in
1967 - was released in 1970 in the A-body, at least. The GS, until 1966, had
the  old 401 motor. From 67-69, the 400. My father had a 1966 GS with the 401.
His was an automatic (switch pitch 2-speed, quite a trans -  I rebuilt most
of it once) but 4-speeds were available. The 65 undoubtedly has the  old-style
motor, unless it was swapped out later in life. I would look for a  non-rusty
65 Buick special, (Maybe from the southwest?) maybe a convertible, and  build
what you want to have. (Okay, it's a clone) At least it's not another
big-block Chevelle! - Seth