<VV> Aluminum Base - Removing anodizing?

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Feb 14 16:06:40 EST 2007

Call  around in your area ( yellow pages ) and ask if your anodizer does
customer hobby parts ... quite a few shops do this ... you might ask a
Harley dealer where he has custom stuff chromed, anodized, etc. etc.
sometimes you get lucky and get to talk to a car or bike guy at the
anodizers.

Anyway, there is a process called " Bright Dip and Clear Anodize "   .... we
have some samples for our toy cars that received this treatment back in
about 1970 .... it still looks like chrome plating  today ... but remember
we aren't stepping on it or raking mud across it either, it is just for
show.

hope this helps ... ken at deltawerkes

One plater we use a lot is Lincoln Plating, at Lincoln Nebraska.  They even
advertize they do hot rod work.  google them up if you are in their area, or
email me offlist, I can look up their phone ##.