re <VV> Engine cylinder head temperature guage?

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Feb 14 17:24:57 EST 2007

>  You can either put a ring sending "unit"one under a spark  plug, or use
> the bosses on all Corvair heads.

According to the notes in the engineering documents (available from
Clark"s) the spark plug is about 100F less than the under cyl head
location, that is why the switch/thermister is there.

My spark plug sensors run 280-300F (on #2 and #5 plugs) on the Interstate
on a hot Florida day. This implies around 400F underneath. I plan to move
the sensors the next time I have the lower shrouds off.

Padgett