<VV> no reverse pg addendum

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 15 16:17:06 EST 2007

Harry,

  Just an associated reply. I fixed my hard shifting 140 pg with a used vacuum modulator, now reverse is now hard to select.

   When  it is cold (like 10 degrees) I first let it warm up a few minuets then put it in drive, then neutral, rev the engine and carefully select reverse. It seems to work then. After it is driven till the engine warmed up, reverse  takes a second to select.

   Where do you get this Seafoam??? I'll try anything short of remove/repair/replace.

Harry Yarnell <hyarnell1 at earthlink.net> wrote:
  I did the video for Clarks, so I think it's pretty good :)
No reverse is usually due to a bad (hard/leaky) reverse piston seal.
You might try one of the 'tunups-in-a-can'; the one I like is made by
Seafoam. Try it; it may swell the seal to do its job.
They used two different reverse piston seals in the Powerglide thruout
production; one a lip seal, the other a square cut job. The lip seal is a
better seal.

harry yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net