<VV> On Professors...and Profess soars !

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 18:25:37 EST 2007

  A gentleman pointed to the "BS" as the primary culprit for certain
  "professors" leaving the virtual-vair arena.

  Soccer, paid my way through college. There's nothing wrong with sports
  scholarships. I say that with almost every bone in my legs broken. I'm walking -
   no canes [yet] :) ---- but that's the unfortunate nature of the way that game
  is played here.

  Any hooo, for me the players who _tough it out_ till the end of the game
  (at times bruised & battered - broken bones too) are of a different
  breed.

  In the like manner, the professors/coaches who offer their precious time for the topic
  they love and admire are of a totally different fiber (kinda like the viton seals - eh!).
  Some, call in sick when the intelligent quotient falls below their comfort zone
  (less than two digits) - some, stay till the end of the semester :)

  I've met both kinds here. A few (who shall remain anonymous) have been
  more than helpful to almost everyone from young - old - elitist - know it all - and
  rookie alike.

  they see the BS, they read it too -- yet they are STILL here -- That, IMHO is the difference
  between a "tech guide profess-soar" chased away by BS and a public teacher:

  http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=professor

  I guess the real world must be less afflicted with BS ...that's why
  these air heads (I mean air-cooled gurus) divorce the virtual one.
  How smart they is ! :))

  Regards,

  Tony Irani
  Charlotte, NC