<VV> Re: Salvage title (not much Vair)

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Feb 16 23:28:40 EST 2007

There's a big article on page 20 in Automotive News this week about a
huge increase in flood-damaged vehicles showing up in states around the
country. The rise for the top ten states is as follows: Mississippi
633%, Alabama 374%, Louisiana 343%, Oklahoma 231%, Virginia 189%,
Minnesota 173%, Montana 172%, Michigan 162%, and Pennsylvania 161%. They
go on and state that "one in every 150 vehicles in Lousiana ... had a
title that at one point was branded as flood-damaged. Compare that with
2002, when it was one in every 700 vehicles."

The article also mentions the bill in Congress and that "Bailey Wood, a
NADA spokesman" stated that this "absolutely reinforces the need for
total-loss-disclosure legislation" and that "we need to get it through
and on the president's desk."

-Mark