<VV> Re: Salvage title (not much Vair)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 15 15:52:26 EST 2007

A buddy who owns an upholstery shop (and a '64 vert Vair), bought a couple
of "flood" cars a couple years back.  He kept his crew busy in some of the
slow times during the winter months with making them "new" again.  The
biggest expense was the control module(s?) for air bag deployment.  Anyway,
the titles indicated - I don't recall for certain now - either "salvage" or
"flood".  The designation was to stay on any future titles when the car
changed hands.  This is Illinois, can't say what other states might do - but
it does seem that some Katrina cars could legitimately make their way back
onto the roads if the affected states have a similar set up for the titles.

Later, JR