Stock concours cars, was: <VV> Bias Ply Tires

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sun Feb 18 18:59:08 EST 2007

Indeed. It's why I have always defended the purity of stock class. Had
to beat off half the board when I wrote the original CORSA rules. Seems
a large contingent of them wanted to adulterate stock class into
something even more liberal than the current "street stock" class, and
call it "stock". I stood my ground, and CORSA has reaped the benefits
ever since. (Pardon me for blowing my own horn about the concours rules,
but nobody else would). (G)

It's also nice to see a renewed interest in stock and what constitutes
stock, in the Stock Corvair Group. About a couple of decades later than
I'd have liked, but better late than never. I really like how much
interest has been generated in documenting the stock conditions of
Corvairs. It's helping put real value into original cars.

Long live the originals!

-Mark