<VV> communique lessons (humor?)

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Feb 20 07:43:26 EST 2007

Mike and all,

I can tell you right now that much of the convention event staff comes
from out of town.  Most of the concours judges and autocross staff are
usually not from the local club, you just need too many people.  I
typically do tech inspection when I'm at a convention, no one's turned
me down yet.  My suggestion is pick an event that you'd like to work,
introduce yourself to the chair of that event when you arrive, and have
fun doing it.  Not a lot of people get to climb into all manner of
Corvairs at a convention, but I have :-)

If more people thought the way you did, our conventions would be even
better than they already are.  Have a great time at Detroit!

--Bryan