<VV> Communique back issue 7/84: repairing pressure retard unit

Robert Hawley iamrgh at charter.net
Tue Feb 20 16:51:19 EST 2007

Michael, The short article in the 7/84 Communiqué stated that the stock (failed) pressure retard unit in turbos can be (and I quote) "rebuilt by disassembling and replacing the rubber vacuum advance diaphragm.  It is necessary to start with the pressure retard unit because of extensive differences inside.  (Dale Manufacturing is the source for the rebuilding)." That is all the pertinent info from the article.  My original pressure retard is still doing its job in my 1963 Spyder...Hope that helps, Bob Hawley