<VV> Old Corvair Picture

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 20 17:52:59 EST 2007

I've been going through some old family photos, scanning the one's I want to
save and I came across a photo, taken by late mother-in-law when she took a
trip to New York City in 1965.  It's a black and white picture of the U.N.
Building.  The picture of the building is bad since it's all washed out, but
in the center of the picture, down at street level is a light colored early
Monza coupe.  My wife pointed this out to me several years ago and I also
noticed the Studebaker Lark behind it.  But today I looked at the picture
again and realized that the only other car in that picture is a 64 full size
Oldsmobile.  Then it dawned on me, what were the chances that in congested
NYC, you could take a picture and get only 3 cars in a row and also that
none are in production today.  There's not even a Checker in the scene.
Just Olds, Corvair, and the Stude in that order.  I thought I great that the
Corvair took center stage.  To bad it wasn't a new Corsa for that year.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Corsa Member