<VV> re:VV> Nut behind wheel training

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 20:54:19 EST 2007

When my daughter got her learner's permit, I took her out to a snowy parking lot and used the parking brake (Saturn) to put it in a skid to give her practice recovering from skids. I tried to get her to autocross too, but never did pull it off (haven't given up yet).

  Aeroned said:

<<That's why EVERYONE should go out and autocross their car(s). You can
safely take the car to its limits. The added bonus would be that it's
really fun!

My oldest daughter got her licence last month and is planning to
autocross this Spring. Not only does she have my blessing but also my
encouragement. I rather her experience the handling limits of her car on the
autocross course for the first time rather than in an emergency on the
road.>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on