<VV> making a torque wrench

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 08:14:59 EST 2007

One of my 'winter projects' is getting two 65 transaxles together,both 4-spds,one 3:55 and one 3:27...rather than have a shop set the diffs up,I'd like to do it myself . I have a trans mainshaft to modify into a tool,to set the bearing pre-load,if I can calibrate it in the 0-25 in/lb range .I haven't found a beam-type torque wrench but have a 'clicker' 25-250 in/lb,and an rcbs trigger-pull 0-72 oz gauge here...any help off-line would be welcome,as my math is rustier than the Monzas' floor,,,Tom Z,,CORSA/ACORNS