<VV> Fuel Questions

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 20:57:04 EST 2007

                                   B"H

Hi all...I am noticing the strong smell of gasoline
(ugh!) when I start the Monza.  At first I was afraid
of a major fuel leak, but no fuel was leaking under
the car. (I had just returned from the car wash,
inclding a chassis bath).

Today I opened the engine lid and found some gasoline
on the fittings to the fuel pump (only a small amount,
but the engine compartment did smell strongly from
gas).

Question #1:  I'd like to try to secure the fittings
to the fuel pump and would appreciate any suggestions.
 I know Teflon tape is a no-no, but are there any
sealers that can be used for fuel lines?

Question #2:  A gentlemen watching me suggested I add
an in-line fuel filter to both gas lines to the carbs,
which would keep the stones in better shape.  Any
opinions on this?

Thanks people!...Bill Hershkowitz
                 Brooklyn, NY
 "Susie the Little Blue Coupe" 69 Monza 110 PG