<VV> Fuel Questions

George Jones georgedjones at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 21:09:28 EST 2007

Re #1: Yes, there is a Teflon paste for use in fuel systems.  Should be
available from any FLAPS. Can't recall the Permatex number for it, but you
shouldn't have a problem finding it.

Re #2: IMHO, you can always use another filter in the stock Corvair fuel
system. I would recommend that you use a metal housing filter located at the
rubber line in the left rear fender well. This would protect your fuel pump
as well as your carburetors, and it would not degrade the look of your
engine compartment, in the event you like to keep it stock appearing.

--
George Jones