<VV> Performance Workshop - New products - (Ad)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Feb 28 15:51:18 EST 2007

Notes on the Performance Workshop
Like most of the folks posting, I had a great time  at the 2007 workshop. The
weather never really bit me, and I got home at a  reasonable time on Sunday.
Silicone Wire Systems did have a couple of new items  on display in Dayton.
One is a performance item for the  Corvair engine, the other is an accessory
item for almost any Corvair.
The performance item is a conversion kit to  install an MSD distributor on
the Corvair engine. The MSD distributor has a  built-in magnetic trigger and can
be used to drive almost any performance  ignition system. As shown at Dayton,
the system used an aftermarket racing  HEI module and a special coil to
produce a racing level ignition system, without  any extra electronic box. It comes
with the extra hardware to select the speed  and amount of Mechanical
advance, but still retains the capability of vacuum  advance, too. The cap is larger
than the Corvair one, and requires a little  dimple for full clearance to the
top shroud. The only piece needed to adapt the  unit for the Corvair is a
replacement main distributor shaft. The intent is to  sell the shafts on an
exchange basis, allowing the competitor to buy the  distributor and just change out
the shaft. Prices and availability will be  available soon.
The new accessory item is an aluminum billet hub  adapter to allow the
1965-66 Corvair to use most any aftermarket wheel. It  provides a smooth finished
appearance, without a stack of separate adapters. The  64-66 Corvair has unique
mounting splines on the steering shaft, and only one  universal-style adapter
has been available for many years. The new 3” tall  adapter is available in
polished aluminum. In the future, black anodizing will  be an option. The first
units are designed to use the Grant “Signature Series”  wheels. The adapters
will be available in about a month. The estimated price is  $87, and it comes
with a snap in horn button, full horn mechanism and a new  Delrin turn-signal
canceling cam installed. It is ready to go! Wait till you see  this piece!
If you want to see a picture of the hub – as installed on a column – Just
drop me back a note and I will send a photo.  – Seth  Emerson
http://www.aol.com.