<VV> Nice Corvair day - and clock comments

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Jan 1 15:39:57 EST 2007

What a day, it's the first of January in Virginia and I just got back from a drive with the top down in my '65 Monza.  Wow.  Virginia isn't Buffalo or anything but it's usually too cold this time of year for top down shenanigans.  I love it!!

I just put in a Monza clock that a guy from work sold me (for $30) and although I like it a lot better than the "I'm too cheap to buy a clock" blank plate, it does strike me as odd that Chevy would put it so prominantly in the middle.  Before I put it in, I would look down at the dash, see nothing and then look to the left for speed or to the right for gas.  Now I look down to the dash and I see a clock!  It's kind of distracting.  And I'm still getting used to the "click" it makes when it rewinds.  I do like it better than the blank plate but I wouldn't spend a couple hundred bucks for one.

Happy New Year Corvair people, resolve to drive your cars more this year so more people can share in their beauty - especially the late models!!

mike