<VV> 4 doors

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 2 12:26:00 EST 2007

                                        B"H

Tony:  Actually I would have been happy to have
purchased a Sport Sedan Corvair, but I couldn't find
one in good running condition except a beatiful red 67
Monza sedan that was in Cali.

I wasn't ready to buy a Vair at that point yet, it was
sold on e-bay (I'm not sure what it went for, I think
over $6K).

Truthfully Chana would have preferred a 4 door.  I saw
a yellow 67 advertised on CORSA classified but the
person never responded to my e-mail.

I am glad that I was able to at least test drive my 69
Monza coupe before I bought it.  I know that John W.
was completely up front with the car and he gave me
the whole story, good and bad, before I bought it.

The coupe does have the advantage of the folding seat,
which is good when you have to shlep stuff on a
Wal-Mart trip, but I have the minivan for that anyway.
 Women tend to be attracted to practicality, guys
prefer sport.

Chana will soon be asking me about the A/C again, I'm
not overly anxious to put it in, but if I have to I
will.  My car has the smog stuff removed so maybe the
A/C installation will be easier.

Regards and happy New Year to all!...Bill H.

4) Number 4 of course, is the topic of the 4 doors.
Nobody wants
  them except the dedicated owner who can't sell it --
although with
  the average age of the corvair owner approaching a
Sexagenarian,
  these would soon become the most popular. Let's pump
up & restart
  the "with the windows down - it looks gorgeous"
campaign.