<VV> Sears

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 2 12:13:12 EST 2007

For what it is worth... I received this from friends of a former life of mine.....
Chuck S
BBRT
YS 73
GT3 #89

          I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

          Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

          Pass it on.

          So I, decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the fol lowing email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

          I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store.
          Here is their answer to my email.....................

          Dear Customer:

          Thank you for contacting Sears.

          The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

          Bill Thorn

          Sears Customer Care

          webcenter at sears.com

          1-800-349-4358

          Please pass this on to friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!!!!!!!!!    It's Verified By Snopes.com :  http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

          /