<VV> Corvair Ownership

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Jan 2 22:52:57 EST 2007

> With any collector car, the smartest way is to buy the best, most
> restored car you can afford. In the long run, it's virtually always the
> cheapest way... it costs more to get a given car to a given condition
> than most cars in that condition are worth.
<snip>

It surely is the smartest way but it isn't necessarily the funnest way.  Working on your own car can be very rewarding.  The more you do with it the more it becomes "yours".  Plus, at some point even the nicest restored car will need to be worked on.  With our Corvairs it can be hard to find someone who knows how to work on them so the more you know, the better.  I love working on mine.  I love driving it even more I must admit.