<VV> Re: Corvair car stereo

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 4 13:25:49 EST 2007

Charles,

A lot depends on what you are willing to cut. Many years ago I was able
to get a Pioneer stereo which would fit the shaft spacing of the Corvair
dash and do an installation which looked relatively stock with rear
speakers in the rear shelf area and 2 small speakers tucked up where the
original speaker used to be. My son's car (which was already modified in
the radio area) we bent the tabs down and installed a DIN radio case
with speakers in the back shelf and under the dash. If you are willing
to cut door panels I understand you can do a nice job of mounting
speakers in the doors. Other choices are placing the stereo under the
dash, in the glove compartment, or in a home made console.

Mike Kost
SMCC