<VV> Board Bashing - Please Stop!

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Jan 4 18:02:44 EST 2007

Bill
You really didn't have to bare your soul.  Family commitments are just that. Family commitments. You don't have to apologize OR explain reasons for putting your family first. We ALL do.

IMO there's not a thing wrong for the BOD to find out that people don't want to run, and why they don't.  In 18 years I've read LOTS of Directors columns and President's pieces on why won't someone step up and run the club.

This thread SHOULD have been an excellent source of answers to those questions.

We know you did your best, and gave your best. There was no question about that.  Why you didn't want to run again was YOUR business, and had you said nothing, that would have been fine too. When Richard Jenkins left the seat open, he had VERY LITTLE to say. He's like that.

Bottom line is that anyone who's been around long enough to know how things go may not  want that kind of mess in their lives. I want a car club to be FUN, not political battles about this and that.

 Or, as I have seen happen--the BOD does it's best to look the other way and hope issues go away, so they don't have to make a decision that might be unpopular, or attract unwanted personal attention to be brought to them.  If that's an indictment, so be it.  I've had personal experience getting them to make a decision. It was NOT fun getting them to do it. I had to threaten one of them to defend a position he took, and then he later voted against my proposal for it.

I have lots going on in my life, I don't need to clutter it with that.  I'm SURE there are members out there, who aren't as busy, and have a lot to offer between their ideas and personality, that someone will step up.  If not, the BOD will do as they have probably done before and solicit some people they think they can get along with and wouldn't mind running.

I'm not bashing the BOD--I just don't want to be on it, and gave a couple of reasons why.

 If that's bashing them, Guilty---and on the side.

HANK