<VV> Corvair basics manual

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Jan 4 21:38:21 EST 2007

Folks
For the record.

1. The CBM was written by many members, most of whom have been in on this discussion.

2. The editing to the submission to M&P was done by "Who the hell is" Bob Helt.  Not only did Bob do the bulk of the editing to get the manuscript ready for Harry and Mike, but he got the pictures together (I belive Ed Corson's wife took them), and wrote several chapters himself.   Bob also took over for me sending e-mails to errant chapter authors until their material was submitted in final form.

Although Bob was the 1st CORSA Technical Editor, Tech Editing was overseen by the 2nd CORSA Technical Editor, lclc.

3. Mike and Harry did the final layout and got it bound, printed, had the CD's made, and packaged the whole thing.

For those of you who haven't belonged to other clubs, hit your knees tonight and say thanks to God for Harry and Mike.

 The Riviera Club just went through a fecal storm the likes of which I'd never seen.  The 1st paid "Director" of the club, who I believe started ROA (Ray Knott) retired from the PD in CO and moved to COSTA RICA.  So he put the club archives, tech library and all the rest of it into the hands of one of the members and his wife.   Well, they weren't as good at it as Ray and his family was.  Magazines being 4 MONTHS late, (a bi-monthly publication), there was quite a to-do as the volunteer directors fired the paid director, came to get all the stuff from his house in NE and set it up in PA (i believe).  Harry Yarnell knows about this too, as he also belongs to ROA.

Harry and Mike are a deal considering what they do.  They should not be looked at like a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm done discussing the BoD.  It's not that important to get all in a lather over.   And as my friend Smitty said, Don't come into a public forum and ask someone to start naming names.  Lon, you've been a part of this community for decades, ya ought ta know better.  You want a blinding shit-storm that lasts forever, that's just the way to start it.

HANK