<VV> A Never-Fail Mechanical Fuel Pump??

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 10:53:49 EST 2007

Hello All,
This may not be new to some, and may not be liked so
much by the hard-line stockers, but I just got this
really neat part I need to tell you about. IT IS
AWESOME!!!
I have bought a lot of parts in the last year and a
half, and for the most part(99%), I have been most
pleased. We all have our preferred vendors I am sure,
though our preferred list may be large :-)
So, I got this part that John Sweet(An Excellent
Vendor of Corvair Parts) made for me... No, it's not
exactly a "Never-Fail Mechanical Pump", but for lack
of knowing what to call it, and the fact it will not
ever fail, I had to title this post something :-)
Seemingly the pump is nearly the same as any
mechanical Corvair fuel pump, with a nice looking
chrome top, of course. Although it has no working
lower end.(Pump rod or mechanism.) Ahh, that's the
seceret, no moving parts.
I am sure a lot have already guessed, it is a
imitation pump, that actually only looks like a pump..
fuel line inlets and all.
Now, my slightly hidden electrical fuel pump, may not
even be noticed. I first heard of these at the
Charlotte Fall Affair, but could not find any actual
leads on them...
Nonetheless, after asking John, he was happy to make
me one up, and even knew where to get the block to
make the conversion. Well, I didn't actually know what
to expect, other than John has sold me some of the
best parts I have gotten, but what I got was one
excellent looking part. I mean EXCELLENT!!!
For anybody wanting to, or already has an electric
fuel pump, I would highly suggest this, as opposed to
the aluminum block-out plug.... Cause it looks
fabulous, and much like the aluminum plug, it will
Never Fail.
Contact: jasvair at certainty.net
BTW, I told him that I bet he would sell a lot of
these, cause I, for one, Love It.
All The Best Regards,
Danny Barber
CORSA Newbie