<VV> Rough at 2000 RPM

James Dallas BEC176 at msn.com
Fri Jan 5 19:55:10 EST 2007

I just swapped out the engine in the Rampy with a fresh rebuild using the carbs and distributer out of the old engine, which worked fine until the engine dropped a valve seat.  The engine starts and appears to run good with the exception of 2 times.

1st:  At a low Idle (600) it has an occasional kick, stutter etc.  With the RPM up around 1000 it's smooth.

2nd:  Between 2000 and 2500 RPM she seems a bit rough,  above that she smoothes out and runs fine.

Timings been checked and re-checked, wire routing checked and re-checked, carbs re-synced.  Maybe I just need to drive her a bit.....
Any other suggestions as to what I may be overlooking?

Jim Dallas
CORSA
MCCA
GNRT