FW: <VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 24, Issue 22

John Beck jb30343 at navix.net
Sat Jan 6 09:52:51 EST 2007

Guy, To do this you'll need a mono normalized mini jack and some
assorted resistors.

The signal that feeds the amp section of a stock Corvair AM radio
connects through the volume control pot. Disconnect the wire.  Trying to
remember back 20 years to when I wrote the original article, I think
it's the center wire on the volume pot.  Easy enough to trace. Install
the mini jack so that when nothing is plugged in, it restores the
original connection (normalized) to the radio's volume control.  Use the
resistors to combine the stereo headphone output from your Ipod and pad
it down to an appropriate level. --J.B.