<VV> Ipod interface

Eric Prosise eprosise at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 13:58:55 EST 2007

Guy -

Sorry i haven't replied yet, I must have missed the original message.  What I did was similar to the instructions below (from J.B.'s email).  The output from the AM radio circuit (on a LM radio) is a blue wire that connects to the far right leg on the volume pot, if viewed from the front of the radio.  That wire needs to be disconnected, and the input jack wired in there (normally closed jack).  Connect the blue wire to the jack, and a jumper wire from the jack to the leg on the volume pot.  Connect Ground, and find a nice spot to mount the input.  I didn't use any resistors, because I bought a cable (male to male) that goes from the Ipod to the jack.  One side of the male is stereo in, the other side is mono-out.
With this complete, you can control the ipod volume through the stock radio knob.  For best results, I run the iPod at about 50% volume on the unit, and control the rest with the radio.  Oh, while you are "in" the radio, change the lightbulb, it makes a big difference.

Works great, and good luck.

Eric
'66 Monza Convert, fact A/C
Rupp monza Jr.