<VV> More Rope Tow

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sat Jan 6 16:43:04 EST 2007

Not having a rope, but having seat belts, my brother and developed the
quick-release tow rope by wrapping each end around one on the bumpers, and
then "buckling" them together.

It didn't seem very safe, but what's the worst that could happen ? The
buckle might break ?

Nope, and we found out when my brother just had to test it after towing a
couple of miles successfully.  (Not a lot of slack, and I figured we'd get
stopped for tail-gating, but no, we weren't (?)

Anyway, "testing" the setup, he simply decided to hit the brakes in the owed
car, and, well, took the slack up real quick.

The "V" of the LM's front bumper was now much more accentuated, about 90
degrees, and the EM's rear bumper was almost untouched !

The unexpected result was that the seat belt buckle was not damaged at all,
and we could jump on the tensed belt between the cars like a trampoline, and
the buckle opened fine (when we released the slack.)

BTW, the rear of an EM is STRONG !  In a separate incident, when my brother
did something he NEVER does.  In the middle of the night, he stopped at a
red light, and I rammed him from behind because he NEVER does that !  (I
stop at all green lights, though, because he could be coming the other way
!)

Anyway, the Chevelle was pushed in at least a foot, but, NOT a dent in the
rear of the Vair !  Nothing.  That car was built to last !

To paraphrase someone's comment earlier, I can't help but wonder how we
lived this long ?!?!?  Something about alternate universes comes to mind, so
I must be in the universe in which I was NOT killed ?  There must be many
universes in which I was not so lucky.

<<<< End of rant >>>>