<VV> -- Used axle-- was Used Carpet?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sun Jan 7 01:40:39 EST 2007

At 02:10 PM 1/6/2007, henry kaczmarek wrote:
>Folks
>Got a Good used Black LM carpet for manual Trans from Dave Ziegler in DE.
>
>AHHH, The Power of Virtual Vairs--It's still there.

OK, how about a used early axle w/bearing?    That would be '60-'62,
the stamped bearing style.

I discovered that of the half-dozen early axles I have on hand, none
are the first gen bearing variants and I'd really like to have a
spare on hand, since there are three 'Vairs here that use that style
of bearing.    As long as I have one, I'll never have one go bad and
this would be good insurance for that '60 daily driver.

I am cheap.    I can't really justify the expense of a new bearing
and I don't really have the facilities to press one on anyway (need a
press, I guess) so it's likely in my best interests to shop around
for a good used one.

So, anybody got a decent one?    (I should have bought the ones Hank
had at a previous VA 'Vair Fair)   How much?   Anybody who has a good
one can e-mail me.

tony..