<VV> RE: Aero Data

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Mon Jan 8 21:27:06 EST 2007

    I remember have seen aerodynamic coeficients in a car´s enciclopaedia, back on the 70s, where Corvairs were just behind the Citroen DS-19. If my memory still works, they were 0.33 for Citroen, 0.35 for earlies and 0.37 for lates. All other mass production cars were behind Corvairs. Don't tell to earlies fans.

    Daniel

<<GM did do wind tunnel testing on the 60 and I have some of it, too little.
There are several wind tunnels that can be used for automobiles and even some
that are exclusively used for cars. I friend of mine from college worked in
the  GM tunnel.

I have done "coast down" tests to estimate the drag of the Corvair using a
G-Tech. Haven't figured out how to measure lift on the road, yet...>>