<VV> Brake Bleeder is Broken

Matthew Klopfer corvairdroptop at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 00:52:23 EST 2007

I'm in the middle of a disaster.

I was bleeding my brakes and while re-tightening the brake bleeder it began to crack the surrounding metal, which fell to the garage floor. This broken metal included the threads for the bleeder, which is now impossible to reposition. The brakes are now completely useless.

So it seems I need a new backing plate? Is that the correct term for this part? A friend of mine tells me it's the "flange plate." I'm not even aware of the name of this thing. The brake hose and the bleeder valve obviously attach to it.

Replacing it will probably be the greatest headache of my life.

Matt
1968 Monza 110 Convertible