<VV> Brake Bleeder is Broken

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Jan 9 07:16:24 EST 2007

Nah, you just need a new wheel cylinder, that's all.

In a message dated 1/9/2007 12:53:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
corvairdroptop at yahoo.com writes:

I'm in  the middle of a disaster.

I was bleeding my brakes and while  re-tightening the brake bleeder it began
to crack the surrounding metal, which  fell to the garage floor. This broken
metal included the threads for the  bleeder, which is now impossible to
reposition. The brakes are now completely  useless.

So it seems I need a new backing plate? Is that the correct  term for this
part? A friend of mine tells me it's the "flange plate." I'm not  even aware of
the name of this thing. The brake hose and the bleeder valve  obviously attach
to it.

Replacing it will probably be the greatest  headache of my life.

Matt
1968 Monza 110  Convertible