<VV> Re: Brake Bleeder is Broken

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 9 08:14:02 EST 2007

Hi Matt,

You can usually get the wheel cylinders off without removing the hoses or
lines.  Just remove the bolts and then take them to a vice where you can get
a better grip on the line to remove it.  If the bolts are frozen on and you
end up stripping them out, then just chisel them off.  If it is that bad,
then most likely the inside of the wheel cylinder isn't that great to begin
with and should be replaced anyway.  In the scheme of things, wheel
cylinders aren't that expensive, just kinda involved to replace because you
have to disassemble the brakes.   I know it can be frustrating but hey,
that's what beer is for!!

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Matt said:
>Sure, I have brake lines new in the box. I also have brake hoses. The
reason these are still in the box and not on the car
>is because I CANNOT get the old lines off. That will present a major
problem for me as I try to finish up this project.
>Does anyone have any good tips for getting these off? Penetrating fluid has
done nothing.