<VV> Wheel Cylinder

jtwiley95 at netscape.net jtwiley95 at netscape.net
Tue Jan 9 08:52:16 EST 2007

 Matt ,

     One bit of advice, if you buy the wheel cylinder local, ie: FLAPS (friendly local auto parts store) be sure to CAREFULLY remove the mounting bolts for the wheel cylinder and SAVE them.  New wheel cylinders do not come with the mounting bolts and they are NOT carried at you local FLAPS, the Chevy dealer, big box home centers and many harware stores.  Ask me how I know.  They are available from the Corvair vendors should one strip out or get lost, but not an easy local thing to acquire in my experience.  Another piece of advice, remove the shoes, springs etc and place them and the drum away from the immediate area so as not to contaminate the linings.  Should not take long, and it is not difficult, just save those bolts!

Good luck!

John T. Wiley
Corsa/PCA member
66 monza vert 95/PG