<VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 24, Issue 57

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Tue Jan 9 12:21:48 EST 2007

From: "John Kepler" <jekepler at amplex.net>

The reason these are still in the box and not on the car is because I CANNOT
get the old lines off. That will present a major problem for me as I try to
finish up this project.

My winter truck I had parked out back for the summer. I brought it into the
garage to get it ready for winter and blew a rear axel line. Getting under
the vehicle I saw how badly corroded the lines were and simply cut them ALL
off at the fitting. Then I drove on a six pointed snap on socket with a
hammer and removed the badly corroded fitting. A couple even then rounded
off and I had to hammer on a smaller "metric" socket.
Line wrenches are good, especially if they are a quality tool. But a socket
can put more even pressure on the fitting. Done things this way for years,
seldom need a torch for fittings............

Gary Swiatowy