<VV> tire sizes

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Jan 9 17:34:34 EST 2007

At 11:26 AM 1/9/2007, Brandes, Guy wrote:

>Mine's 185/80-13.

Myself, I have the same size (radials) on the '60 4-door.    However,
the Corsa ragtop has 265R60x14 on back, and 235R60-14 in front.    It
looks kinda silly.    The wide tires are likely gonna come off sooner
or later and get replaced with something not 11" wide.    However,
I'll likely keep the Olds rally wheels that are on the car which are
8" wide, not so easy to find anymore.     And, I kinda like them.

But I'd probably trade them for a set of wider GM/Chevy rallys like
were seen on late 1960s Chevelles.    However, it's been a while
since I saw a set of those wheels around here...  not even at the
cruise-in on a restored bowtie of any sort.

They look a lot like the Kelsey Hayes Magnum-500 wheels that I have
on my Plymouth Satellite.

tony..