<VV> Tires

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 9 16:28:15 EST 2007

Tony,

     What's the back spacing like on those Olds wheels that allows you to squeeze 265 size tires into the rear wheel wells of the 66?  Have you modified the fenders or wheel wells at all and do they rub?  Finally, have you gone to lowered springs on the car, or are the springs stock?

     Doran and I are trying to decide on what tires/wheels to ultimately get for his car, though being of the younger set, he'll probably opt for 16 or maybe even 17 inch wheels with 50 or 45 series tires.  Still, I figured that a 245 tire was about the most we could fit in the rear, but you seem to have got more rubber than that in there.

                  Thanks,
                    Travis Payne, 65 coupe