<VV> yenkostinger.com

C F DOERGE JR cdoerge1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 9 16:29:34 EST 2007

First I would like to apologize for not updating the website in a few
years... The book is keeping me terribly busy and as it nears completion, I
will get after it.

Second, my Yenko engine, built by a longtime friend and master mechanic in
Englishtown, NJ (a few blocks from the racetrack where he raced many a
Corvair), did exceed 8 grand many times. Of course each piston and arm were
balanced to within 1/10th of a gram (factory specs are 2 to 3 grams+/-).
First year break in was 6,500, 2nd year 7,000, 3rd year 7,500, etc. (Sorry I
never got to 9K, just stayed at 8) I ran this engine for about 6 years
before it came apart (autocrosses, time trials, street excursions, etc).
Club members at Bayshore Corvair Association have taken rides and can verify
it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....	Charlie

By, the way, progress on the book is a little behind schedule, but I'm
working longer and harder. Anyone who has any photos, paperwork, or any
other "stuff" should be contacting me NOW!!	Thanks again.	Charlie

Message: 8