<VV> Engine build comments

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 9 16:36:47 EST 2007

Bryan,

     As I was putting together the pieces for the bottom end of the motor in my son's car, I came to many of the same conclusions that you did.  However, because its a street machine and has a pg trans, we opted for the mild Otto 10 cam.  We got .060 over barrels to give us the maximum "easy" displacement (if it won't go, bore it).  Even though we got "balanced" piston/rods from Clark's, I'm having the crank, harmonic balancer and flex plate dynamically balanced by our machine shop.  I'll also have them weigh each piston/rod assembly, such that I closely match the assemblies on each rod journal as the motor goes together.

    One item you list I don't understand, and I would like you to explain.  That is "Convert PCV to modern 'cross flow' system."  What is that???
                          Thanks,
                             Travis Payne, 65 coupe