<VV> No wobble...

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 04:10:38 EST 2007

    a.. Problem:

    b.. Belt was vibrating (up and down) between the fan pulley
    and the generator in my 1960 [with 140 hp engine]:

  ----

  1) I sanded the inner groove of both pulleys with 600 grit paper (not much change)

  2) Replaced the fan pulley (still no change)

  3) Decided to replace the generator - and...

  While changing the generator, I noticed the bolt on the bracket (underneath the
  unit -- on the lower left side) was stripped. Fixing the thread, and retightening
  the bracket, fixed the belt vibration :) --  No wobble :))

  Regards,

  Tony I.