<VV> How Many??? Or, Who Cares Aghhhhhh!

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Jan 10 13:42:34 EST 2007

At 02:24 PM 1/9/2007, LastHamlet wrote:
>I kind of liked reading the Corvair stories, although,
>I am a NEWBIE, so I'd just like to add my 2 cents
>worth, and call it a day for my commentary.
>A lot of valid points were made, but I think JR is
>correct in saying this is a far less offensive thread
>that the "Beat Up Roger" threads, and the stories are
>very interesting.
>First, I would like to confess, I am a strange
>individual, but in that I think we all have a
>confession or two in that line of subject matter...
>Maybe???   I digress.
>To kill two with one stone my tire size is 195/60/14,
>but I would prefer 185/65/14 , on my AR Mags,,, SWEET!
>HOW MANY CORVAIRS????
>Well, all I can say, is what I have said before, "For
>some, there is only one."
>67 Vert, Blue w/white top and blue interior... 110HP
>PG, A/C, Tele-steering, Bumper guards, clock,
>hood-trunk-ashtray lights that came with her... I
>added some sweet other bolt on mods, and the AR Torque
>Thrust Mags... So, to be honest, my little blue Vair
>named "Wilma" is really all I can afford. Getting her
>this far in 18 months has me back nearly 30K and I
>still need a much better Paint job and a little body
>on one small spot. (Man, did I work a ton of Overtime
>last year, and I am still paying the cc bills on
>this.)
>You see, I have never restored but one other car in my
>life, and that Opel GT when I was 20, I never went
>this far with. Besides that, with Wilma I feel I have
>one amazing car, and I am sort of a one car fellow...
>I give her all I got, and some of which I owe, and
>this one is all I can handle.
>I am truly amazed at the fleets that have been posted
>here, as I wished I had the stamina to endure the days
>and nights of labor you fellows must go through. Not
>to mention one fellow I met in Charlotte(My first car
>show of my entire life), who has 85 Corvairs in a
>warehouse, now that is impressive!!!
>I stand in awe of you gurus of the Corvair, and I am
>but a lowly squire. Although, even a lowly squire can
>go to his first show, find a piece of inspiration in
>all the much finer than mine, machines.
>Maybe so much so, he/me sets a goal to be back next
>year, in that one little Vair,,,,, and make her
>famous.(Or Visa-Versa) :-)
>So, I guess the reason I liked this thread was that it
>gives inspiration... if not to all maybe just to this
>one lowly squire, and maybe other squires that log on
>for the first time, needing hope, needing guidance,
>friendship, and most of all to know that they are not
>alone in the "I am strange" department... Make any
>sense???
>OKay, I believe that is more than 2 cents worth, so I
>better sign off, while I can.
>All The Best Regards,
>Danny Barber
>CORSA Newbie
>67 Vert--"Wilma" my one and only.

Well said.   I quoted the entire post so that if you didn't read it
all the first time, here's the second chance to do so.

Danny, if one is all you need, then you've fulfilled the
requirement.    "The more the merrier" can be applied here but then again...

"The man with one watch knows what time it is.  The man with many
watches is never sure."

tony..