<VV> RE: Vair stories...

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Wed Jan 10 12:33:28 EST 2007

I always remember the Tahoe '99 trip..

In order to prove my confidence / ability to assemble a reliable Vair from
used parts....and to quiet my detractors....

I drove my 66 vert with no tools....spare tire / jack, etc......

Of course I ran with friends who had everything.....even a head.....ggggg
Trip up was a blast....

Unfortunately my Bud and his lady had to leave early [ kidney stone]..and
there I was...

Asked around if anyone was going south on Saturday after the AX......NOPE!!!
gggg

So...Sat  at around 4pm off I go down Hwy 395.....beat the heat by travelling
late in the day...

And since I wanted to find out just how far a 14 gal Vair could travel on one
tank....no fillups

Next morning in the Motels parking lot....gauge was on EMPTY..2- 50 mile
stretches of desert between stations...

Made it 436 miles before I chickened out just above San Bernardino, Ca.  no
place to run out of gas...

And was home by noon...whew!

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt