<VV> Brake Question

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Wed Jan 10 22:08:33 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/10/2007 6:52:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
corvairdroptop at yahoo.com writes:
> So I'm putting in a new brake line, hose, and cylinder. How do I fill them
> with fluid?
> I know the procedure for bleeding, but would that also fill these new
> components? The entire front left portion of the system is empty and I've never
> been in this position before.
> Thanks everyone.
> Matt  1968 Monza 110 Convertible (PG)

As one Matt to another..........you need to get a person who understands
brakes / bleeding to check this car out before driving....

Just "knowing the procedure" isn't good enough for something as IMPORTANT as
your brakes.....like "life or death"for YOU and OTHERS!.

FYI:   when you bleed..you ARE letting ALL the air escape from the
system......so..anything empty would FILL automatically.....

Don't feel bad....yesterday I worked with a fellow tech......drilling
..........removing "Potting" from electrical conduit......

He knows the proceedure......but  3 times I had to tell him the drill was
running backwards......really!.....and he USED to work in Nuke Plants!

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!